Blackjack is one of the most popular games in the casino – and this is true also for online gambling.
With the rise of the internet and online gambling sites, many Blackjack players made the move to playing online because of the sheer convenience of it all. As such, online Blackjack has become every bit as popular as Blackjack played at a traditional casino.
First Things First – The Rules
When playing Blackjack online, the very same rules apply when compared to that of a traditional game at a casino.
With https://onlineslotsnz.com/nzd/ Blackjack, there are three ways for the player to win the hand against the dealer:
- Draw a value of 21 on your first two cards. Unless the dealer draws a Blackjack with fewer than three cards, you’ll be in the money.
- Draw a hand of cards with a value of 21 or lower against a dealer whose hand exceeds 21 (bust).
- Draw a hand of cards that have a higher value than that drawn by the dealer – without exceeding 21.
Blackjack Card Values
The values for the different cards are as follows:
- 2 – 9: For these cards, the points are calculated at face-value.
- 10’s, Jacks, Queens and Kings: these are all equal to 10 points.
- Aces: an Ace can be taken either as 1 or 11 points.
When deciding whether to use your Ace as a 1 or an 11, you will choose the value that helps your hand the most. Remember that the aim is always to beat the dealer.
When playing Blackjack online, you’ll have several options at your disposal with every hand:
- To hit means asking for another card. The value of that card will then be added to the total value of the cards already in hand. Hitting will continue for as long as you like – just be sure not to hit if there’s a risk of going bust (over the total of 21).
- Standing means “no more cards”.
- Whenever you feel that your hand is better than that of the dealer’s, you’ll get to exercise the option of doubling up. But remember that when you choose to double, you’ll receive only one more card from the dealer.
- If the value of your first two cards happen to be the same, you’ll have the option of splitting your cards to start two new hands. Also keep in mind that you’ll have to add a second bet to cover the second hand of cards.
- Should the dealer’s “open” card be an Ace, you will be given the option to take out insurance. In such an event, you’ll have to bet half the wager of your original hand. Should the dealer draw a Blackjack, you’ll get paid at a ratio of 2:1. But should the dealer not draw a Blackjack, you’ll lose the value of your insurance.
- To surrender means to quit the game in the event you think the dealer’s hand will be better than yours. Surrendering means getting half your bet back in your pocket.